Re: AMBER: Nudget Elastic Band query

From: Francesco Pietra <chiendarret.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 12:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks. I'll start tomorrow learning about the procedures you suggest. As I
said, I am new to MD. I am not bound to find pathways, I'll be happy initially
to sample the conformational space in an explicit solvent.

90:10 population of conformers, ie 1.3 kcal/mol at rt, is an ideal situation
for conformational studies (i.e NMR techniques can deal with so that one is not
computing blind). Conformational energy differences are always in this range
with natural products (or organic synthetic drugs). If MD can't deal with such
energy differences, it will be of little use in this area and the interaction
of with receptors. However, I vaguely remember of published MD dealing with
such small energy differences. Perhaps I can find out the paper spending some
time.

At any event, hope someone can suggest more explicitly how to deal with the
procedures below. I would be surprised that no one is on such problems. Surely
there are people with Monte Carlo Metropolis.

Thanks

francesco pietra