Re: AMBER: How to extract energy of molecule from the system with explicit water molecules

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:25:42 -0400

the easiest way is to do what I suggested, make a new prmtop in
leap and then use ptraj to strip the water and write a new mdcrd file.
then you can use sander to read in this trajectory with the imin=5
option and it will write energy for each frame. check page 90 of the
amber9 manual but note that the input trajectory is specified with -x,
not -y.