Re: AMBER: How to extract energy of molecule from the system with explicit water molecules

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 10:36:05 -0400

do you mean just the internal energy, or also the interaction with
water? the latter is difficult in a periodic system. if you want just
the peptide energy, you can use ptraj to strip the water and then
make a prmtop of just the peptide without water. then you can
evaluate the energy of the peptide. if you want more specific suggestions
you'll need to make clear what you want- energy for a restart
file, or for all frames in the trajectory, energy with or without
peptide:water
interaction, and so on.