Re: AMBER: Question about loadMol2

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:11:02 -0800

Hi,

Babel is working overtime since your file contains many problems:

1. dos line terminators:
.<TRIPOS>MOLECULE^M

2. nonprintable characters, which are not valid in mol2 data lines:
      1 CHA 39.2040 85.2550 32.3600 C.3 ^X^F 401 BPH 0.000000^M

3. atom names containing whitespace, which are not valid mol2 atom names:
     70 N A 12.6350 85.1070 25.2820 N.3 ^X^F 402 BPH 0.000000

4. something wrong with the substructure section which is causing leap
   to crash:
.<TRIPOS>SUBSTRUCTURE
1 **** 1 TEMP 0 **** **** 0 ROOT

LeAP should be more robust, and I'll file a bug report.
But I recommend examining the Babel output carefully.

Scott

http://www.tripos.com/mol2/mol2_format2.html#787