Re: AMBER: pmemd segmentation fault

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.eml-r.villa-bosch.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:43:52 +0200

Hi Bob,

Great thanks for all this info. It will help a lot when I'll try to ask
the people responsible at the facility which is actually the "PNNL
Molecular Science Computing Facility" (http://mscf.emsl.pnl.gov/about/).
Does anybody from the amber list have experience with running amber on
this facility??.I've just submitted a trial job using the i4 version
(pmemd) on 256 CPUs (the 256 CPUs trial job on i8 version failed as well
with the same error as the 512 CPUs). Lets see what's happening. If it
doesnt run I will try to get in touch with the person who built amber9
there and see if something can be done. I dont know anybody that has
managed to run pmemd there, but maybe I'll get some feed-back from the
amber list. Well, if nothing can be done I will just stick to sander9 on
128 CPUs which seems to run fine with a predicted output of 2ns/21
hours which seems to be much slower than the benchmarks described on
the amber manual for pmemd, but I guess its fine.

Best wishes
vlad