AMBER: basis set for RESP calculation

From: Michel Becker <michelbeacker.web.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:43:10 +0100

Dear amber users,

sorry for bothering you, I assume this question has been posed already several times.

During my search in the archive, I found that it's strongly recommanded to use as well for the geometry optimisation 6-31G* (NOT the ESP calculation), but actually I am quite sure, that I've read once here that some people used higher ones for the optimisation.

Am I wrong? I would be nice, if someone would be so kind and would give me a short answer.

Regards

Michel

kostenguenstig. Jetzt gleich testen! *http://f.web.de/?mc=021192* [http://f.web.de/?mc=021192]