Re: AMBER: psi , phi angles

From: Piotr Cieplak <cieplak.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:30:46 -0800 (PST)

Yes, I wrote about that problem aroun the middle of last year.
The problem occured to me when I tried to rotate a little bit a single
-SG-HG group in CYS. It does not matter how I defined the order of
rotation - e.g. UP or DOWN the tree the coordinates of the entire
protein changed their position in space. And I wanted to keep the protein
at the same place in space but just rotate a little bit one dihedral
angle, as was possible with old EDIT program. The problem is more severe
(as in my case) when one has let's say a protein dimer. After attempting
to rotate single dihedral in one monomer the geometry of the entire complex is
destroyed, because the monomer, where the bond rotation is attempted, is
moved out of its place in space. I don't understand what kind of procedure
is used for this type of simple transformation? It is difficult to read
and understand leap for me.

The original stuff I posted last year is in attachment.

Best
Piotr