Re: AMBER: denaturing salt conditions

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 01:28:28 +0100 (MET)

I am not sure what exactly is your aim.
However, you need to take into consideration the
timescale of MD. You may expose your in silico system to
"denaturating" conditions, but there is no denaturation or unfolding during MD
simply because denaturation or unfolding needs longer than few ns.
Sometimes it is an invaluable advantage, sometimes frustrating disadvantage.
Depending on what is your exact aim.
Simulations mimic a hypothetical ns-scale
truly single molecule experiment with a given start within
the approximation of the quite simple force field. Nothing more,
nothing less.

Best wishes, jiri

Jiri Sponer, D.Sc.
Institute of BiopHysics
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Kralovopolska 135
CZ-61265 Brno
Czech Republic
e-mail: sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz
fax: 420 5412 12179
phone: 420 5415 17133
http://www.ibp.cz/labs/LSDNA/
Senior Wellcome Trust International Research Fellow for Biomedical Science