AMBER: nuc.in file

From: deepti nayar <deepti.icgeb.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:51:27 +0530

hi

im using amber9 for the first time. i am doing the tutorials. when i
download the nuc.in file(given in the tutorials) in my currently
working directory, then the following command gives no problem.

 $AMBERHOME/exe/nucgen -O -i nuc.in -o nuc.out -d
$AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/nucgen.dat -p nuc.pdb

but when i create the nuc.in file myself in the text editor and then
save it in my working directory, thn the command gives following
error.

At line 570 of file _nucgen.f (Unit 6 "nuc.out")
Traceback: not available, compile with -ftrace=frame or -ftrace=full
Fortran runtime error: Expected CHARACTER for item 2 in formatted transfer, got
INTEGER. If you want to make character descriptors typeless, compile
with -fsloppy-char
(a,a)
    ^

please guide me so as to why is it happening?

thanx