Re: AMBER: problem compiling Amber 7

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:38:26 -0800

On Sun, Jan 14, 2007, Kevin Cahill wrote:

> I am trying to compile Amber 7
> under a fairly current linux operating system
> and a version 9 of the Intel fortran compiler.
> I get the error:
>
> etime.c: In function ?etime_?:
> etime.c:18: error: ?CLK_TCK? undeclared (first use in this function)

(1) in amber7/src/Machines/standard/sys.f, change these lines:

#ifdef MPI
      call wallclock( tim )
#else
      real dumm(2),etime
      tim = etime(dumm)
#endif

to this:

      call wallclock( tim )

AND/OR

(2) Consider upgrading. The etime() funcion is no longer used in current
versions of Amber, since it uses a non-standard times() function, and "current"
versions of Linux are sometimes very picky about standards. (My guess is that
the version of gcc (or whatever) you are using did not even exist back when
Amber 7 code was being written....)

....dac