AMBER: enzyme kinetics in silico

From: Sean Rathlef <sean.syncitium.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 09:24:46 -0800

Greetings simulation enthusiasts:

Our group is nearing completion of a beta platform which will enable users to model enzyme kinetics constants (Km, Vmax, Ki, etc) on a computer as opposed to in the laboratory. It is the first such process of its kind, and can be used to model elasticity coefficients for metabolic control analysis (MCA). In knowing that access to kinetic data can be a limiting factor in the generation of models, I thought I would post this memo FYI.

At present, we are seeking to identify prospective users for this technology. The methods will be included in an intuitive interface, whereby users will be able to model their enzymes and generate their kinetic data using a predefined set of software methods. Again, this is the first such platform of its kind, and we are hoping that the beta will be available for evaluation in a few weeks time.

If any of you are interested in hearing more, or would like to be included on our list of future evaluators, please send me an email with your contact information to sean.syncitium.net.

Thanks in advance, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sean Rathlef
Managing Director
Syncitium Inc