Re: AMBER: AMBER - leap - problems with impose command

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 03:45:13 -0500 (EST)

Sorry about the wrong explanation. After double checking one of the
projects I have done long time ago, here is the right procedure:

1. I wrote a .pl script, which translates/rotates any structure in a
particular orientation. For instance, if the original structure is a ggcc
helix, and the dihedral angle that is changed is the alpha-dihedral
angle of the first strand's 3rd and 4rd residue (cytosine-cytosine), then
the 1st residue of the 1st strand is untouched. If the N9 of G1 is
translated to origin, C8 is rotated on the x-axis, and C4 is rotated on
the x-y plane, then this is a unique orientation for this structure.

2. Let's say your structure in interest is called molecule.pdb. Using such
a script like this, bring this structure to a unique orientation. Call the new
structure molecule_orient.pdb. Save each strands as strand1.pdb and
strand2.pdb.

3. Let's assume that you change the dihedral angle of a particular bond in
the 1st strand. Let's also assume that you create 360 structures, with 1
degree increments. Create those structures in Leap using the 'impose'
command.

4. Using the script, you re-orient each of this 360 structures to this
particular orientation. Save them like strand1_(angle)_orient.pdb.

5. Combine each strand1_(angle)_orient.pdb files with strand2.pdb.

That is how I created my structures. Good luck,