Re: AMBER: floating point assist faults on IA64 PMEMD 9

From: Jarrod Smith <jarrod.smith.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:54:18 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Robert Duke wrote:

> Jarrod -
> 1) Perhaps the MKL library was not built by the vendor with this flag set? It
> would seem they would do this, but who knows.

I had the same thought and earlier today I made a non-MKL version of pmemd
to test this. It didn't appear to make a difference from the standpoint
of the logging activity.

> 2) What about previous versions of the compiler? Are you seeing this only
> after upgrading?

I just built and tested a pmemd9 with ifort 8.1.026 to answer your
question. Tests pass, but still I'm seeing the floating-point assists
being logged.

Thanks,

Jarrod