AMBER: Amber9 Parallel compiled with -lam, how to run test.parallel?

From: Michael John Hanby <mhanby.uab.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:09:34 -0600

Howdy all,

I'm a sysadmin who is new to the world of MPI, Amber and all the other
research related software.

I'm tasked with installing Amber9 using Lam MPI (configured with support
for Infiniband).

I've compiled Amber9 serial and parallel using the Intel compilers
./configure -lam -p4 ifort_x86_64

Now I'm to the step where I'm supposed to run
export DO_PARALLEL='mpirun -np 4'
make test.parallel

However when I do this I get the error from Lam:
"It seems there is no lamd running on the host. Please run the lamboot
command to start the Lam/mpi runtime environment."

I've tried running lamboot but I still get the same error when running
make test.parallel.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong. Anyone out there who wouldn't mind
sharing the process for running "make test.parallel" with LAM/MPI?

Thanks, Mike