AMBER: nonplanarity of NH2 groups

From: laura zanet <laura.zanet.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 07:48:33 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,

  My question is about NH2 non-planarity. If I carry out AMBER minimizations on nucleic acids, what kind of non-planarities can I expect? For example, is it normal to get a value of 10 degrees for the N3-C4-N4-H41 dihedral in cytosine? I know the AMBER force feild cannot model this type of non-planarities, but I want to know if deviations from planarity of 10-15 degrees are normal.

  I hope you can help me.
  Thanks,
  Laura