RE: AMBER: bond information

From: Junmei Wang <jwang.encysive.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:16:03 -0600

The mol2 format uses a simpler bond type classification than that of
antechamber. The atom type assignment may be affected (in rare cases) if
only mol2 bond types are considered using "-j 5". Therefore, it is a
better idea to first try "-j 4" to judge bond types. If error occurs,
one may turn to "-j 5" instead.

As a matter of fact, most problem of bondtype is caused by incorrect
connectivity table and a mol2 file can provide a correct connectivity
table. Therefore mol2 file is recommended for the bondtype program.

Hope this will be a help.

Junmei

Dr. Junmei Wang
Chemistry & Biophysics