Re: AMBER: compile amber8 on IBM-sp4

From: Xuebin Qiao <xbqiao.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:26:12 +0800

Hi, Rachel:

Sorry for previous broken mail body. This is the right one.

On 11/23/06, Rachel <comeonsos.googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Xuebin,
>
> Thanka for your reply. After I removed the -traditional as you suggested,
> the first mistake is gone, however, about the 2nd one, althought I commented
> out the "Machines/ibm_aix" out, I still have the following error:
>
> 1501-510 Compilation successful for file _lapack.f.
> cd ../ ; make sys.a

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This line means that the value of SYSDIR in Makefile is null. You could try
following steps.

First, I guess you did not comment out *whole line* in configure file (maybe
simply delete word Machines/ibm_aix), if so, remember to comment out whole
line, and run configure script.

If above not work, try to change "sysdir='Machines/ibm_aix' " to
"sysdir='lib' ", run configure again.

Finally, if you do not bother to tweak the configure file. Let's do it
manually. Open file 'src/Makefile', you'll see following lines:

serial: configured_serial
    cd lib; make install
    cd addles; make install
    cd sander; make serial
    cd ptraj; make install

This part of Makefile is quit self-explanatory. It means the actual compile
process is to go to *each* subdirectory under 'src' and run 'make install'
except that the sander subdirectory should use 'make serial' or 'make
parallel' instead.

--
... there have been two really clean,
consistent models of programming so far: