AMBER: Quantifying pi-pi interactions

From: zachary hartman <deadally.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:51:30 -0500

My colleagues and I have been searching and poring over literature for quite
some time trying to extricate pi-stacking interactions from molecular
dynamics. We've tried C-C distances in an attempt to find the correlation,
but it seems as if there should be a better method for finding them.
Ideally, PTraj would have some sort of aromatic equivalent of the
easy-to-use (and very informative) hydrogen bonding utility. Unfortunately,
we haven't been able to quantify our findings (we believe we can SEE the
pi-stacking when we watch the trajectory movie)

Can anybody advise us as to which method is most optimal for quantifying
pi-stacking?

Thank you very much!