Re: AMBER: H-Bond Terms in amber force field

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:05:13 -0500 (EST)

Dear Jiri,

Thanks for your quick response. I have done a 65 ns explicit solvent sim.
for the iGiGiCiC helix, and it still stays the same. This is a nice result
to see that the force field is not causing the problem in implicit
solvent. The reason why I want to use implicit solvent in my project is to
do sampling better. Explicit solvent case is working fine, but the
computation time is too much. The residues G and C are not too different
compared to iG and iC: G-C and iG-iC base pairs have 3 h-bonds; the resp
charges do not differ too much either. I am wondering how I can mimic the
GGCC implicit solvent simulation with iGiGiCiC implicit solvent
simulation. Thanks.

Best,