Re: AMBER: Combine amber-force field and gaff94 for one molecule?

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 23:01:27 +0100 (MET)

Besides that, I would suggest to use good QM
to check the behavior of key torsional profiles.
If a large discrepancy exists then the force field should
likely be adjusted. We did not work on NA-drugs for a while,
but appears to me that most authors tend to get their
drug force fields as fast as possible, while many
of these molecules are horribly complex.

Best wishes, Jiri

Jiri Sponer
Institute of Biophysics
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Kralovopolska 135
CZ-61265 Brno
Czech Republic
e-mail: sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz