Re: AMBER: Compile AMBER 8

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 12:12:35 -0700

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006, Esther Brugger wrote:

> In the config.h file, I change "gcc" and "g++" into "icc",
> and also add "-no-ipo" in the following:
> LOADCC= icc -no-ipo $(LOCALFLAGS) $(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)

I know this might have been recommended, but I don't believe it is a good idea
in this case: all of the tests that we do use gcc (not icc) for the C
compiler. Of course, both should work, but you are exposing yourself to new
bugs (in our code, or in the icc compiler) if you do this. My vote is to
stick to gcc.

> icc -no-ipo -o makeDIST_RST makeDIST_RST.o -lm
> ld: cannot find -lgcc_s_32

It's possible that something was not correctly cleaned when you changed
compilers. This error message doesn't seem to show up on a (simple) Google
search, which itself is weird. Unless you are sure that you need the
makeDIST_RST program, you can probably skip this step of compilation (or go
back to gcc as suggested above.

...dac