Re: AMBER: md and implicit solvation

From: Jardas sucuriba <jarda_s.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:29:35 +0000

My system is SuSE Linux 9.2 (x86-64) and I used two nodes.
What I thought strange is that running the 50 ps in explicit solvation
(using the same protein and 2 nodes) takes only half a day. Is it normal
this difference between the two types of MD? As I cannot use more than two
nodes is there other way to "speed up" the simulation?

Thanks
Jardas