Re: AMBER: Not getting proper structure after minimization

From: Elijah Gregory <ejgregory.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:12:35 -0700

Your water box should be large enough that the protein is not
'perturbed' by the periodic images of the molecule which 'exist
virtually' all around your protein. That's why you need the cutoff to
be *less than* the box size (at most half as big). But I'm not an
expert, so take anything I have to say with a grain of salt.