AMBER: Free-energy using MM-PBSA

From: mathew k varghese <>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:05:45 +0100 (BST)

Dear AMBER users,

I have question about free energy calculation using
MM-PBSA. In the tutorial it is seen that we need three
different trajectories to use with mmpbsa. Is the use
of snapshots from the same trajectory of the complex
for complex, receptor and ligand is a valid

If we are simulating the complex for 4ns, then is it
necessary to simulate the receptor and ligand also
for 4ns to use the mmpbsa approach?

Mathew K Varghese
Research Scholar
School of Pure and Applied Physics
Kottayam, Kerala

The AMBER Mail Reflector
To post, send mail to
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amber" to