Re: AMBER: problem installing amber9 with g95 gcc on a fc5 m/c

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:41:31 -0700

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006, Sayandeep Purkayasth wrote:

> [deepcyan.localhost addles]$ make -n
> make: *** No rule to make target `LINE.h', needed by `lesmain.o'. Stop.

As I understand this, you have indeed checked that LINE.h is present and has
the appropriate permissions. I don't recall having seen this sort of error
before. My best ideas (not all that good):

1. unpack amber9.tgz into a different directory tree, and see if the problems
persists.

2. edit the Makefile, and remove the last non-blank line (that refers to
$(COMMON_FILES), and see what happens.

...dac