AMBER: A question about Dynamics.

From: Qingning Shu <qshu.mail.rx.uga.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:40:21 -0400

Dear Amber Users:
I have a question about dynamics. I have a system. In Equilibration step I used cartesian restraint on the residues that are far away from active site. What shuold I do in the production MD, maintain the restraint or remove it? I thought I should keep it and ran the preoduction MD with the restraint. But I found in the potential-Vs-time plot the potential energy suddenly dropped at the beginning point of production MD. In other words, the potential energy was not continuous at that point. I Ran it with generalised Born solvation (igb=1) in amber8. Is there anyone can help me? Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day.

SHU