Re: AMBER: restraints and constant pressure

From: Joshua <jb1978j.excite.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:09:44 -0400 (EDT)

Dr. Cheatham,

Thank you very much for your reply, this helps a lot. I have two questions:

Just to make sure I am understanding correctly: The scaling process changes the relative positions of separate protein chains, but it does not change the relative positions of the atoms within a given protein chain. Is that correct?

If I need to edit the prmtop file to represent everything as a single chain, how would I go about doing that? If I have already run several simulations using the old prmtop file, is it okay to edit it now, mid-way through the sequence of simulations?

If you could let me know your thoughts on these questions I would really appreciate it. Thanks again for your detailed reply.

Josh