AMBER: pmf with respect to a surface

From: Rahaman, Asif <asif-rahaman.uiowa.edu>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 17:35:22 -0500

Dear Amber users and developers,

I would like to compute the potential of mean force between a polarizable water molecule POL3 and a calcite surface that I have created. I find that I can constrain distances, angles, dihedrals, etc but not single coordinates.

In other words, I would like X and Y of the Oxygen in my water molecule to be unconstrained while Z ( the direction perpendicular to the surface) should have an umbrella potential.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

Asif