AMBER: Temperature fluctuation with Langevin Temperature control

From: Gobind Singh Bisht <gsbisht1.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:36:49 +0530

Dear amber users,
                           I'm trying to run my simulations at a constant
temprature using the Lamgevin temperature control. But there are large
temprature fluctuations (rms 4K). Since I am simulating a small piece of DNA
(42 bp) with implicit solvation I'm equillibrating for only 20ps (with delta
T= 4K). Could that be the reason for the temp fluctuation? Why is there a
temp fluctuation at all when i specify a target temp. Can someone explain
me. sry but i'm new to MD and AMBER.
thanx in advance

--
Gobind Singh Bisht