Re: AMBER: impose command in leap problem

From: Piotr Cieplak <cieplak.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:44:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Scott
Thanks for some hints with that "impose" command for leap.

Switching from: impose aa {167 168} {{ CH3 C N CA 180.0 }}
into: impose aa {167 168} {{ "CH3" "C" "N" "CA" 180.0 }}
helped. I am not geting now any error messages from leap.

Unfortunately there is something more related to this command
that I don't understand.

I have a system consisting of protein and ligand.
I want to change the first peptide bond (between ACE-HIS) in ligand
from 0 degree (as built originally by leap) into 180.
When I try to do this for protein-ligand (using absolute - amber residue
numbering, 167-168) the angle is not changed. When trying to do the same
but only for the ligand, e.g. running leap setup for ligand only and using
also 167-168 for residue numbers(?), the angle is properly changed to 180.
Do you have any idea why it is so?

In attachment is setup for running my protein-ligand complex and ligand itself.

Is there any other, way for internal coordinates manipulation in amber now?

Thanks
Piotr