AMBER:

From: Glass, Kevin A <kevin.glass.pnl.gov>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:09:02 -0700

The Amber 8 User's Guide say that if a "maskstr" contains spaces or
special characters, then it should be protected by single or double
quotes (p 244). If I'm using an Amber negation operator '!' with a
c-shell based system, the '!' symbol should be interpreted as a
"history" command regardless of the use of single or double quotes.

Should I use a '\' in front of the '!' to protected from the shell?

Kevin A. Glass, Ph.D.
MSCF - Visualization and User Services
Environmental Molecular Sciences Laboratory
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
P.O. Box 999 MS:K8-91
3335 Q Ave. Phone: 1-509-376-1543
Richland, WA 99352 Fax: 1-509-376-0420