Re: AMBER: SURFTEN in GB (mm_pbsa calculations)

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 15:38:59 -0400

Your simulation involves some pretty advanced techniques- not only
do you need to know how the nonpolar solvation energy scales with
buried surface area in acetone, but you also need to worry about the
exernal dielectric and whether this GB model is even appropriate for
non-aqueous solvents. Unless you are very familiar with these topics
or are following published work that provides these values then I would
suggest not using GBSA as a solvent model for acetone.