Re: AMBER: internal coordinates

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 09:09:52 -0700

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006, Ioana Cozmuta wrote:

> Does anybody happen to know what each of the columns in the
> $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/nucgen.dat
> represent and how were they calculated? I could not find this
> information in the Amber or nucgen manuals.
>
> $ABDNA !ARNOTT BDNA MONOMER UNIT
> H 8.91 95.2 2.08
> H 8.91 95.2 2.08
> P 8.91 95.2 2.08
> OA 10.20 91.1 1.86
> OB 8.82 103.3 1.29
> O3' 8.75 61.4 0.25

The basic reference source for the fiber-diffraction input is here:

Arnott, S.; Campbell Smith, P.J.; Chandraseharan, R. in Handbook of
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 3rd Edition. Nucleic Acids--Volume
II, Fasman, G.P., ed. (Cleveland: CRC Press, 1976), pp. 411-422.

As I remember, the "nucgen.dat" data was copied directly from these tables,
so that might help you decode them.

...good luck...dac