RE: AMBER: rmsd value for organic molecule

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:25:23 -0700

Dear Varsha,

> trajin md1.mdcrd
>
> rms reference out rmsd_lowest_energy.dat .N,S,O time
> 1.0
> after reading md21.mdcrd
> i get following error
> "Bus error"

Bus error is a bit like a segfault it pretty much doesn't tell you much
other than the code crashed. I doubt it is related to the atom types. More
likely it is one of the following problems.

1) you select fit to reference but you don't read in a reference structure.
You need a "reference filename" line before the rms line.

2) If the above (1) doesn't work try reducing the number of trajin's to 1
and see if that works. You may be running out of memory trying to load all
21 trajectories in at once.

All the best
Ross

/\