Re: AMBER: ambpdb and original PDB

From: Mingfeng Yang <mfyang.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:00:53 -0400

On Monday 17 April 2006 14:48, snoze pa wrote:
> Thanks Ross for quick reply. I am up with some solution to my problem.
> Just an extention to my previous query. In my case the final MD
> structure seems to be slightly moved(tilted) away from the original
> minimized structure. First MD was for 1ns and then for 2ns. In both
> situations the final structure is tilted from the original structure, which
> is due to a large loop region. I want to analyse my data. Which one
> is proper way
>
> 1. Analyse the data based on MD output as it or

> 2. Analyse the data after overlaping the final MD struture into PDB file
> obtained from minimization. In this case I also calculated the
> rmsd and it is 1.4.
What kinds of analysis do you want to carry out? You gotta be more specific,
if you really want people to provide help.

Even for a simple structural comparison, there are lots of methods.
For RMSD, you certainly need to do superimposition.
For measurements based on intramolecular distances, it's unnecessary.

Best,
Mignfeng