Re: AMBER: Which one is the best force field for DNA?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.csb.sunysb.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 12:41:04 -0400

I haven't done this but would be very worried that the important
electrostatic
interactions such as H-bonding would not be balanced between the two charge
models, even if they do a similar job within a charge model. Protein-protein
H-bonds might have different energy profiles than protein-DNA, thus giving
you a poor overall model. This is basically what Tom C was saying.
carlos