Re: AMBER: saltcon with explicit water?

From: Kenley Barrett <kenley.barrett.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:07:44 -0500

Thank you very much for your reply. I have a couple of questions about using
"addIons" that I didn't understand when using the manual.

Is it okay to use the addIons command twice, once to neutralize the system
and a second time to add a given concentration of salt?

I don't totally understand the syntax "addIons unit ion1 numIon1 [ion2
numIon2]". Is "numIon" literally the number of ions of that type, or can I
enter it in terms of concentration? My goal is to add 0.1 M KCl.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you very much for your help, I
really appreciate it.

Kenley