RE: AMBER: organic molecule - from newbie :)

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 19:13:46 -0700

Dear Raffaella,

> I would like to simulate an organic molecule (an alcohol) in water. I
> have been reading the manual (amber 8) to understand how to build the
> force field for a simple alcohol (or to use what is already in the
> distribution). However I am not getting very far in
> understanding how to
> do it (meaning how to build the residue and the parameter file).

I would try taking a look at the tutorials at:

http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/tutorials/amber_workshop/

Particularly tutorials 4 and 5.

These will take you through step by step creating prmtop files for
non-standard residues and will show you both the manual and antechamber
approaches...

All the best
Ross

/\