Re: AMBER: one question about mm_pbsa

From: JunJun Liu <ljjlp03.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 18:48:20 -0300

Hi, Yongchun

MM-PBSA don't use the explicit solvent. The solvation effect is simulated
with the continuum solvation model. You may need to remove your explicit
solvent and counter ions when performing MM-PBSA calculations!

If you've already removed explicit solvents and just want the MM energy be
calculated with periodic boundary conditions, I think this doesn't make
sense and is incorrect.

Regards!

Liu

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:47:06 -0300, 杜永春 <duyongchun.mail.nankai.edu.cn>
wrote:

> hi,Amber
> I use mm_pbsa programe to compute binding energy.There is a periodic
> boundary
> in my prmtop file .But when running ,it creates a sander_com.in file.In
> this file
> ,the NTB=0,whith means that no periodicity is applied.How can I modify
> the
> mm_pbsa.in file and then I can change the NTB?Thanks!
> Yongchun Du
> 2006.4.5

JunJun Liu
College of Chemistry