Re: AMBER: RMS

From: Wen Li <liw.wadsworth.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 09:59:04 -0400

Thanks for Dr. Simmerling's help. I have the following two questions:

1. I understand that snapshots from a trajectory can be selected by
defining a time interval. However, if somehow I have snapshots in PDB
format, say 100 pdb files, should I read in these PDB by using 100 times
of trajin: trajin mypdb1.pdb, trajin mypdb2.pdb .... or put them in one
PDB file using "TER" to separate each snapshot?

If the 100 pdb files have to be read in separately:
trajin mypdb1.pdb
trajin mypdb2.pdb

What is the maximum number of pdb files that can be read in?

2. Would the following procedure produce what I expect to get: align
nucleotides 1-10 in 100 pdb files to a reference pdb, and calculate rmsd
of nucleotides 50-60 when nucleotides 1-10 are aligned:

trajin mypdb1.pdb
trajin mypdb2.pdb
reference ref.pdb
rms reference :1-10
rms reference out outputfile :50-60 nofit
go

Thanks!
Wen