Re: AMBER: Xserve and amber

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:51:12 -0800

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:55:53 -0500, Markus W. Germann <mwg.gsu.edu> wrote:
> Is there any new info re Xserve and amber performance, especially re
> parallel performance (other than what is available via the amber page)
> There are quite a few Xserve clusters around, but it has been
> relatively quiet.
> I am considering a smaller cluster (4x2CPUs) and would like to compare
> potential performance.

There was a mini project from Apple Computer optimizing the
performance of AMBER on Macintosh, but I haven't heart anything from
them lately. But I can tell you that once you got MPICH or LAMPI
working, most of the other work would be very straight-forward.
Depending on what program are you using, you might have different
approach optimizing it. But that should be fine.

Since you have these resource available, you might have to try it by
yourselves. :-)

Also you might want to check this old benchmark if you haven't seen it yet.
http://apple.sysbio.info/~mjhsieh/archives/000334.html

--
Mengjuei