Re: Re :AMBER: Holes in water

From: Lukasz Bielecki <bielecki.rose.man.poznan.pl>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:52:31 +0100 (CET)

Thanks for the hints but actually I AM using the constant pressure MD and
this is where the holes/voids do form. In fact, after the belly stage of
the NPT dynamics, the system is well equilibrated, with the volume
shrinked exactly as in the manual - and then at the next stage - where I
am using positional constraints (NTR=1; RESTRAINT_WT and RESTRAINTMASK
parameters used - it is AMBER 8), the system again expands and holes form.
It is constant pressure, as well here. Interestingly, when I am deleting
the constraints from the input file (and set NTR to 0), the system does
not expand and holes don't seem to emerge. So maybe there is some problem
with the NTR=1 option? But I actually need constraints in my experiment,
the unconstrained run was just a test.

Thank you for your help,

Lukasz

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Bill Ross wrote:

> See the FAQ on equilibration - constant pressure is needed to
> let the box shrink to the correct density.
>
> Bill

Lukasz Bielecki

'Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die'