Re: AMBER: use leap to build top & crd files for a pdb file with crytalline water molecules

From: Jianwen Jiang <jiangj.che.udel.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 17:30:47 -0500

Dear Ross,

Thank you for your suggestion. In fact, I did exactly what you said, but not
successfully. Attached please find two pdb files I have tried, which were
modified from 1AKI.pdb from RCSB database by changing CYS to CYX; one file
(1AKI_wat.pdb) with the crystalline water molecules and the other
(1AKI_nowat.pdb) with water molecules removed. Then tleap (version 7 or 8) was
used to build toplogy, successfully for 1AKI_nowat.pdb, but not for
1AKI_wat.pdb.

Because xleap does not run in my computer, I am not sure whether it will make
difference if xleap is used. Please help me to check it out. Thanks for the
help.

Jianwen