Re: AMBER: MM_PBSA reproduction of literature values and accuracy

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.ilion.bio.sunysb.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:53:50 -0400

Karl,
I'm not sure I understand how you've done the calculation in terms
of the intial and final states. Are you subtracting out gas phase values? I
don't use mmpbsa scripts myself (just run the programs directly),
so I don't know exactly what yove' done. It seems like the entropy
values are really big though, are those the same units as the other terms?
Are those total entropies, or the difference in entropy due to solvation?
Normally I use mm-pbsa to calculate a difference between two
endpoints such as formation of a complex, all with implicit solvent.
When thinking of the entropy change, what are your endpoints, and what
nmode calculations dod you do for each of them?
without the TSTOT term, your data seems to give reasonable values.
Carlos

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu