AMBER: question on NAB

From: <ioana.pegasus.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:18:19 -0700

Hello amber users,

I would like to know exactly where is the NAB program taking the
structural information in its data base (residue library) which is further
used to generate initial structures for DNA/RNA molecules.
I would assume that the origin of the coordinates comes from X-ray
diffraction data but I was unable to find the right reference for this.
Does anyone know it?
Also does the NAB data base include some optimizations on these X-ray
diffraction data based on the amber (cornell94) force field or some other
force field/technique? Is there a
reference that discusses this optimization in detail as well?

I would appreciate if anyone knowledgeable would respond to this query.

Thank you,
Ioana

Ioana Cozmuta, PhD
Research Scientist