RE: AMBER: A question on AMBER8 installation

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:43:49 -0700

Dear Hwankyu

> WcCreate.h:299: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> WcCreate.h:359: error: syntax error before "char"
> WcCreate.h:387: error: syntax error before "XrmQuark"
> WcCreate.h:447: error: syntax error before "char"

This is a problem in the compilation of xleap, the last thing in the build.
I'm not sure what is causing the error, it may be an issue with intel v8.1 -
I have compiled amber8 fine on FC2 with intel v8.0.41 - I haven't tried 8.1
yet. Something to try is to delete the existing amber8 directory and
re-create it from the tar file. Then go through the installation again but
do a 'make clean' in $AMBERHOME/src/ before you do make. Let me know if it
still occurs and I'll try downloading ifort 8.1 and see if I get the same
problem.

> cd qmmm/divcon; ./Run.crambin
> forrtl: severe (174): SIGSEGV, segmentation fault occurred
> Image PC Routine Line Source
> sander.QMMM 080E177E Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 080DFC6D Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 0808DB10 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 0806B1EA Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 08067A42 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 0804A2C4 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> Unknown 0038BFA3 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> sander.QMMM 0804A1D1 Unknown Unknown Unknown
> ./Run.crambin: Program error
> make: *** [test.sander.QMMM] Error 1

Have you applied bufix.13? If not do this, you might as well use bugfix.all
and apply all the bugfixes at once. Then re-compile (do make clean first)
and see if the error occurs again. If it does then please email me.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 |
| EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |