AMBER: rms fluct and displacement in modes analysis

From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru.mpi-bpc.mpg.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:47:34 +0200

Dear Amber users,
   Could somebody indicate me the way the rms fluct and displacements
are calculated during mode analysis in ptraj? What do these values
represent actualy?
   Second, why the rms fluct is calculated along X, Y, Z axes but also a
general rms is calculated while for the displacement only the displ.
along X, Y, and Z is given?
   I am currently dooing some PCA and I would like to fully understand
what's behind ptraj commands.
   A short explanation or reference would be welcomed.
Thank you very much in advance
vlad cojocaru

--
Vlad Cojocaru