AMBER: Note to all concerning filtering of messages posted to the amber list.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 12:51:34 -0700

Hi All,

Just a quick note concerning one of the filtering rules that is in place for
the amber mailing list. In order to cut down on the amount of bandwidth the
list consumes we are encouraging people to trim their messages. This
especially applies to signature lines. Could you please ensure that you
remove other people signatures from messages you reply to.

Note:- there is a rule that will filter any message that contains the
following signature:

">>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> The AMBER Mail Reflector
>>> To post, send mail to amber.scripps.edu
>>> To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amber" to majordomo.scripps.edu"

Thus if you simply reply to somebody's message and leave this signature line
in place your message will not get posted to the list.

All the best
Ross

/\
\/
|\oss Walker

| Department of Molecular Biology TPC15 |
| The Scripps Research Institute |
| Tel:- +1 858 784 8889 | EMail:- ross.rosswalker.co.uk |
| http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/ | PGP Key available on request |