Re: AMBER: restraining internal coordinates

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.ilion.bio.sunysb.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:04:14 -0400

I'm not sure if dihedral angles are the best way to go, since a small
angle change
can propagate to a large motion at a distance.
however, if you want to try it, the sander dihedral angle restraints are
all listed with atom numbers, so each dihedral in the molecule can
have it's own target value. creating that set of restraints can be a big
pain,
and maybe the programs to do that will give the problem you described.
sander itself, though, has no problems keeping an arbitrary number of
dihedrals restrained to independent values.

if you really want to go this way and can't find another way,
my moil-view program can create a set of dihedral restraints
where the target values are extracted from a structure. you need to have
an SGI, though, and if you haven't used moil-view before there
may be easier ways to do it.
carlos

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
Stony Brook University Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu/carlos
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 E-mail: carlos.simmerling.stonybrook.edu