Re: AMBER: About tree structure of TRP residue

From: Lihua Wang <lhw.broyde.nyu.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:16:46 -0400

Hi Yuhui,

I think the reason for your confusion is that instructions on how to make
a prep file has been abridged from the amber manual since version 6.
There is a special section dedicated to topology, atom type designation in
the amber5 manual (the PREP module). It is too long for me to present the
whole section here, but one principle of the parameters is that "loop
closing bonds are not counted as connections when assigning M, E, S, B, 3,
4,5,6 topological types".

I personally think that section is very important to users because as of
the current version (amber8), the antechamber doesn't seem to be able to
generate prep file for residues. So users still have to manually prepare
the prep file by hand (and I don't see an easy way to automate this). So
including the instructions on how to prepare a prep file (with examples,
as in amber5 manual) is extremely important. If you have access to the
amber5 manual, check out pages 76-85 of volume 2. It was very clearly
described.

Best,

Lihua Wang